Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Toshiba, OnSSI and Firetide IP Video Seminar

Toshiba Security invited us to participate in an IP video seminar they put together at Milpitas, CA (here's the promo). Well, they invited OnSSI, and OnSSI's VP of marketing called me. So I (selflessly) attribute the invitation to my relationship with OnSSI. Of course, wireless video is a good addition to any camera vendor's seminar: it's new, it's challenging, it's creative. Quite a few people came up to me and said "I'm here because of Firetide."

The audience was primarily dealers/integrators, with some consultants, distributors, and end-customers. Today was well attended with about 50 attendees total over both AM and PM sessions. The best part is that it’s at no cost to us; our investment was time and getting a presenter there. I presented the PM session, since our sales manage had to take off for the airport. I got more questions than OnSSI and Toshiba; there was a definite interest in wireless, especially in mobile video surveillance.

I had an interesting discussion at lunch with a manager (owner?) of SightMind; they offer franchise opportunities in IP video surveillance. I picked his mind a bit about IP camera vendors: Sony is first in their book for superior image quality; then Panasonic. He considers Axis to be "a safe choice", but not necessarily the best, although Axis' strong point is the most complete product line out of all the vendors.

No comments:

Post a Comment